This is to notify all potential candidates, that 2020/2021 NECO GCE Nov/Dec SSCE External Registration Form Is Out. The registration for the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for external candidates has commenced. Therefore, candidates are to begin their registration on time, so as to avoid late registration.
In this post, you shall get to know all the necessary information about the 2020/2021 NECO November/December GCE registration. Such as the NECO registration date, how to register for the NECO SSCE exam, the registration fees, the examination available courses, etc.
2020 NECO Nov/Dec GCE External Registration Date
The registration date for the November/December 2020 NECO GCE (SSCE) for External candidates begins on 1st December 2020 and will close on 22 January 2021 at 12.00 midnight. For late registration, that is registration done from 25th to 31st January 2021 will attract payment of extra 0one thousand Naira only.
However, Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for.
NECO GCE Registration Fee; The registration fee is Nine Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty (N9,850.00) Naira only plus Fifty (N50.00) Naira stamp duty charge.
What You Should Know About The NECO Registration
- Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- Biometric fingerprints will be captured during the offline registration of each candidate
- Candidates should note that there will be biometric verification during the conduct of the examination.
- Candidates found to have mismatched fingerprints at the point of verification are deemed impersonators and would be sanctioned according to extant laws.
Available Subjects For NECO GCE Nov/Dec SSCE External
Below are the available subjects for the NECO (SSCE) external examination;
Mathematics, Marketing, Physical Education, Physics, Commerce, Economics, French, Further Mathematics, Geography, Government, English Language, Financial Accounting, Agricultural Science
Arabic Language, Biology, Hausa, Health Education, History, Igbo, Islamic Studies, Literature in English. Salesmanship, Stenography, Store keeping, Technical Drawing, Yoruba, Chemistry, Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK), and Civic Education.
The registration is both offline and online. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period.
Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration token, and then proceed to the registration point to register. The NECO official registration website is https://www.neco.gov.ng/
2020 NECO Nov/Dec GCE External Registration Process
The registration for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination is in two processes;
Cafe Operators Registration Process
- To create an account; log in to https://operator.neco.gov.ng and then click on the register in the top right corner.
- Activate your account; open your mail and follow the instruction to activate your account. You can check your spam if you did not see any mail in the inbox.
- Use your registered email and password to login through https://operator.neco.gov.ng
- Download the offline app once from the dashboard and install the 64 bit or 32-bit version depending on your system.
- Use your registered email and password to activate the offline app. This is a one-time event.
- Register candidate(s) by collecting their information including pictures, fingerprints, and subjects.
- Upload record(s); candidate(s) are required to provide either exam or four-figure table tokens as proof of payment. Candidates can purchase tokens through their online account.
- Print photo card; once the system verifies the candidate’s token, he/she will be issued a photo card with registration number, examination center, and other details. And that is the last stage of the registration.
Candidates Registration Process
- Create an account through this link https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng and click the Register Here
- Activate your account; you will receive an activation link in your register mail, follow the instruction, and activate your account.
- Log in with your email and password through this link https://ssceexternal.neco.ov.ng
- Make a payment; click on make payment to purchase quota, if your payment is successful, you will be issued an exam/or four-figure table quota.
- Register candidates online by providing biodata, pictures, and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Locate cafe operator; to register, you have to visit one of the many operator points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng to help you find one near you.
- Go to the cafe nearest to you and capture fingerprints on the offline app. Once uploaded you will be issued a photo card with your exam number, exam center, and other details.
- Print photocard; you can print a photo card by clicking the photocard link on the offline app or click view photocard on the online app to print.
Attestation Photo Cards And Examination Timetable
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
Timetable for the examination, and At least one (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following;
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
NOTE THAT CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
Visually Impaired Candidates
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
The Examination centers for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a center within the selected neighborhood after uploading their registration data online.
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cybercafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for a correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
- Candidates or cyber cafe operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng For instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
- Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates
- Candidates should check the viability of their centers online at least a day before the date of the examination
- Smoking, Use of GSM phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results canceled.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of the Examination.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
Please kindly share so that others can begin their registration. Thank you.