2021 African Graduates Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Programme. The Microsoft Leap Apprentice Program is focused on sourcing and developing non-traditional talent. The Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program’s mission is to recruit, develop, and upscale unconventional talent for employability into the technology industry worldwide.
This Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship programme is seeking candidates who are passionate about technology and offer diverse perspectives. We don’t just value differences, we seek them out. We invite them in. We are a family of individuals at a truly global company, united by a single mission.
At Microsoft, we know there are many pathways into the technology industry and into our organization. We’re constantly looking for new ways to create unconventional entry points for talent and leverage the skills and experiences of talent from outside the traditional academic paths.
In 2015, we launched the Leap Program to introduce more people to work in the tech industry. The program offers an immersive 16-week apprenticeship for those who have a base foundation of technical training. This apprenticeship program combines in-classroom learning with hands-on engineering projects, working on real teams and real products within our organization such as Azure, Xbox, Bing, and Office365.
Leap participants are change catalysts and change multipliers: they bring a diverse set of personal experiences and cognitive abilities to their work as well as to their colleagues and communities at Microsoft. They play a vital role in advancing engineering processes, accelerating innovation, and activating inclusion as a part of Microsoft’s culture.
2021 Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Programme Eligibility
- We’re looking for candidates who are lifetime learners with broad professional experience to join the Leap Program. We seek individuals who demonstrate passion, resilience, and determination.
- At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day.
- Successful candidates will have graduated from a project/program management boot camp or from a coding academy. They will have at least 6 months of professional project management experience or professional software development experience.
General Guidance and Direction
- Check the location of your cohort; while you may be qualified, you may or may not be eligible, based on the location and residency requirements.
- You must be authorized to work in the country of your cohort location for the entire duration of the cohort.
- Then Confirm you are free from personal, professional, educational commitments for the entire duration of your cohort and apprenticeship dates.
- Confirm you completed/graduated from your studies more than 6 months prior to your application.
- Be prepared to show significant work experience in the pathway of your choice