Apply For The 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship Award. This is to inform interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards to Study Abroad.
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All Qualified Candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website http://www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
Fields Of Study
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D.) in all fields.
Criteria For Eligibility 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship Award
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019 ) only.
- The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
General Note For All Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
- Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics.
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor, and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted.
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019, Complete the application form online, print the completed form, and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
- All applicants for the Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online.
- The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC, and 5-6years for Ph.D.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates.
- Data page of the current International passport.
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN).
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship Awards Tenable In Nigeria Tertiary Institution For NA
The Eligibility Critically For Nigeria Award Is As Follows:
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
- Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics, and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
Please note that this particular application does not attract any processing fee, therefore beware of fraudsters.
Important Information for the Nigeria Award;
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of; institutional charges, fees, and Personal maintenance.
Courses To Be Considered For The Award Are As Follows;
- Science, and Technology.
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Science.
- Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Environmental Sciences.
Method Of Application 2020/202 Federal Government Scholarship Awards.
Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online Submit and Print a copy Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy i. Letter of Admission to the Institution.
- Current Course Registration Form.
- CGPA results of years 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card.
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government.
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
2020/2021 FSB Computer Based Test Sates and Venues
NORTHWEST SOKOTO and KANO (Sokoto and Kano)
NORTHEAST ADAMAWA BAUCHI (Yola and Bauchi )
NORTHCENTRAL FCT KWARA (Bwari and Ilorin)
SOUTHWEST OYO ONDO (Ibadan and Akure)
SOUTH-SOUTH DELTA RIVERS (Asaba and P/Harcourt)
SOUTHEAST ENUGU IMO (Enugu and Owerri)
General Notice: During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT)
very close to them.
- Choice of program preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Nigerian Award;
- The registration portal will be closed on Friday 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM
Official Phone Numbers/E-mail:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
- Nigerian Award: 08077884418/08091155229
- [email protected]
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call 08055581004. Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very close to them.
Time: 9.00 a.m Daily