Firstmonie Agent provides financial banking services to people in the urban, semi-urban, and rural areas. The FirstBank of Nigeria in its innovative, established Firstmonie agent so as to bring banking services closer to the doorstep and thereby encouraging financial participation for unbanked, and underbanked clients.
The Firstbank Firstmonie Agent has over 75 000 agent locations in Nigeria that services over 1, 000,000 customers on a daily basis. In the area of employment, the program has created over 210, 000 indirect jobs. Also, agents are referred to as community heroes who are positively impacting society, improving lives and eradicating poverty.
How To Know A Firstmonie Agent; You can identify an agent through the Firstmonie banner, certificate, dangler, and outdoor painting colors of blue and gold.
Table of Contents
Firstmonie Agent Services
Below are the services that a Firstbank Mobile Money Agent will render to customers;
- Send money to any Bank
- Deposit Money
- Open the FirstBank account
- Enroll for Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Buy Airtime
- Withdraw money from any Bank
- Pay Electricity and Utility Bills
- Buy Airtime
Benefits of Firstbank Firstmonie
There are so many benefits that Firstbank Firstmonie gives to the Customer, Agent, and the Country at large. Below are some of the benefits;
- Saves customer travel and queue time (relative to alternatives such as the Branch and ATM point).
- Provides the target market access to custom/ relevant products that fit their needs.
- Provides quick access to “Human ATMs” which can serve all customer types – banked (customers of any bank) and unbanked.
- Additional revenue from commissions earned per transaction processed.
- Improves Agent trust and credibility in their respective communities.
- Expansion of existing service offerings.
- Increased demand for existing services/business offerings.
- Tool for financial inclusion and literacy.
- Reduction in the rate of poverty and unemployment.
- Channel for the deployment of National Social Intervention Programmes.
- It is a platform for partnerships with international organizations to drive humanitarian programs.
Firstmonie Agent Requirements
Below are the criteria to become a Firstbank Agent;
- Provide a working capital of N50, 000 for non-registered business and N250, 000 for a registered business.
- You must have a Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) for registered business
- Two Current Account References.
- Credit Bureau Report for registered business
- Provide a valid means of identification National ID Card, Driver’s License, Voters Card, or International Passport.
- Have an existing business structure (Shop) either rented or owned.
- You must have been in the commercial activities for a year.
- An Evidence of Business Registration for registered business
- Evidence of Proof of residential address
Firstbank Firstmonie Agent Registration
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is very particular about the kinds of business entities that qualify to be agents. The following entities are eligible to be an Agent; Limited liability companies, Sole proprietorships, Cooperative societies, and Unregistered SMEs (Individuals)
The following entities are excluded from being an Agent; Bureau De Change (BDCs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Faith-Based Institutions, and Educational Organizations –Not-for-profit Organizations.
To become a Firstmonie agent;
- Fill the Firstmonie Registration Form Online Here
- The form is called the Firstmonie Agent Onboarding Form.
- Provide all the details require and click Submit.
- You will be contacted after a thorough investigation into your form.
You can visit any Firstbank branch for more information.