How To Become An ICAN Member in Nigeria, Requirements & Registration. ICAN is an abbreviation for the Institute of Chartered Accountant. The body (ICAN) is a professional organization, a very reputable and powerful body that qualifies anyone to become a professional accountant.
It will interest you to note that, after your first degree in the tertiary institution, either in the University or Higher National Diploma! And you did not enroll and pass the ICAN examination, you will not qualify as an accountant or a fellow.
Therefore, it is very necessary to register and become a member of this professional body, if you want to be successful in the field of accounting. However, in this article, we shall provide all the necessary information regarding how to become a member of ICAN, the requirements, and the registration procedures.
Read also: Apply For The 2020/2021 Federal Government Scholarship Award
Meanwhile, let us look at what you stand to gain as an ICAN member. One of the benefits of having an ICAN certificate is that it an edge over other colleagues that are not a member. As a member, you are qualified to apply to any job opportunity in the accounting sector, however, sometimes years of experience may be put into consideration.
How To Become An ICAN Member
To become an ICAN member, there are some requirements that you must have before applying.
ICAN Member Requirements
To become a member,
- You must have registered and passed all the ICAN professional examinations.
- Must have 3 years of working experience as a graduate of accounting
- .Graduate of other disciplines is 4 years experience
- While AAT is also 4 years working experience
ICAN Membership Registrations Guidelines
The application guidelines on how to become an ICAN member are;
- N100,000 is the induction fee, so visit any Nigerian commercial bank and pay the money.
- Upon payment, you will receive a receipt, then visit the ICAN website http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect for your application.
- Obtain your PIN and serial number after entering your deposit slip and receipt number.
- Next is to enter your Student Registration Number, PIN, and Serial number in the application portal.
- Complete the application and upload a good and quality passport photograph.
- Submit your application form.
- Then print the completed form and get your referees to sign on it.
- Attach the original Confirmation/Attestation letter(s) on Company’s letterhead, from present and previous employers.
- The letter should state the duration of employment (month and year) and the detailed scope of duties.
- Attach a copy of credentials (BSc/HND/AAT) certified by one of the Referees on your application form for induction with name and membership number.
- Attach one recent passport size photograph on a white background.
- Please endeavor to download the completed form and submit to ICAN Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Meanwhile, If you have any questions, you can email your question to [email protected] or contact them on 01-4542097.
See also: Simple Steps On How To Register A Business Name with CAC in Nigeria