You are about to learn how to create a new Turnitin account for either a student or instructor. Turnitin is basically for Institutions where students will make use of it and for Instructors. To register for a Turnitin account is easy and free, you will only need your email address and your last name to create your Turnitin password.
What is Turnitin; Turnitin is a database software machine that helps to track or check! assignments, files, thesis, research works, or documents for plagiarism. To join a class on Turnitin, you will need to have a class identity number and an enrollment key.
Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin partners with global educators to share smart, creative instructional practices.
Read also: Signup A Reddit Account – Learn How To Create A New Reddit Account
It is very good for students, to have a Turnitin account. This will help you to check your assignments or documents for plagiarism before you submit it. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries.
As a Turnitin instructor, you will have to create a password, class, assignment, and also add students to your Turnitin account. Turnitin’s database has reached over 100 million submissions.
How To Create A Student Turnitin Account
Note that all students must be enrolled in an active class. To enroll in a class, please enter the class ID number and class enrollment key that you were given by your instructor.
Please also note that the key and Pincode are case-sensitive. If you do not have this information or the information you are entering appears to be incorrect, please contact your instructor.
- To create a Student Turnitin account, click https://www.turnitin.com/
- On the top left side of the page, click on create account
- Create a user profile by clicking on the student
- Enter the following; Class ID, Class enrollment key, Your first and last name, Email address, and Confirm email address,
- Enter your password and confirm your password
- Select a secret question and answer the question
- Click on the I’m not a robot box
- Finally, click on I Agree to create a profile
See also: How To Create A Personal Linkedln Account – Signup Linkedln Account
How To Create A Instructor Turnitin Account
If you have received an email from the Turnitin on behalf of your administrator, then kindly;
- Open your email and search for the subject line Set up Your Turnitin Instructor Account.
- Click the Get Started Button
- Enter your email address and last name from the Account Setup page
- Open your email and click on the subject line Create your Turnitin account
- Follow the link you’ll find in the email.
- Create a password for use with your account. Your password must be between 6 and 12 characters in length, containing at least one letter and one number.
- Your account has been created and you can successfully log in.
Note that before you can join as a Turnitin instructor, an email from Turnitin on behalf of your account administrator will be sent to your mail. However, if no such email was sent to you, kindly contact your administrator to add you to your institution account.