National Housing Fund Loan Scheme – Requirements, Registration Form & Benefits. If you are a public servant or private employee in Nigeria, this post is for you. Ensure you read this article to the end, as we will be teaching you about the National Housing Fund Loan Scheme! the Requirements, Benefits, and Registration Form.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, in her quest to make housing affordable and available for all Nigerians especially the low-income earners and artisans! Has introduced the National Housing Fund Scheme, where salary earners, artisans, small and medium scale entrepreneurs, etc! will contribute 2.5 percent of their monthly salary to the fund via the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.
The maximum amount that you can access as a member of the National Housing Fund Loan scheme 15 million while the least amount is 5 million naira only! with an interest rate of 6 percent and to be payback within a period of 30 years.
National Housing Fund Loan Scheme Requirements
To access or borrow a loan from the National Housing Fund scheme, you must meet the following requirements;
- The first thing you should do is to open or register an account with Primary Mortgage Institution.
- Applicants must be Nigerian and not less than 18 years old
- You must have been a contributor to the fund for a minimum period of six months.
- Have satisfactory evidence of the regular flow of income to guarantee the loan
- Submit photocopies of valid title documents (example C of O)
- Approved survey/site plans
- Approved building plans
- Priced bill of Quantities where applicable
- Valuation report prepared by a firm of registered surveyors and valuers where applicable
- Letter of consent to mortgage to your chosen Primary Mortage Institution
- Apply on a prescribed mortgage loan application form
- Offer letter / Acceptance and Allocation letter (In case of Governments projects)
- In the case of a registered self-employed candidate, the applicant must submit a copy of the Articles and Memorandum of Association, and a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation as evidence of employment status.
Read Also: Youth Empowerment – Apply For The N75B Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Purpose of National Housing Fund
The National Housing Fund Loan Scheme shall be for the purpose of building, purchasing, or renovating residential accommodation. And also no loan shall be for refinancing.
How To Apply For NHF Scheme
To apply for the National Housing Fund Loan Scheme Registration, applicants (Individuals) are to apply through a duly licensed and accredited Primary Mortgage Institution (PMI) of their choice.
- Only Institutional borrowers (construction companies, real estate can apply for the load directly from the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN).
- The Primary Mortgage Institution of the applicants choice must be accredited by FMBN to access the NHF Facility
- Applicants’ NHF Registration form for loans are obtained from PMI.
For more information about the National Housing Fund Loan Scheme, please kindly visit any Federal Government approves Primary Mortgage Institution (PMI).