SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrower Scheme Programme 2021 online application has commenced. The term SEIFAC means Smallholders Economic Interest Farmers Agricultural Cooperative. It is the cooperative of the Smallholder Farmers, by the Smallholder Farmers and for the Smallholder Farmers
SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Programme has commenced its data collection for her 2021/2022 Wet Cropping Season for all Smallholder Farmers and Cooperatives across the Nation to farm in Agricultural Production Clusters (Agro-PCs) a cluster farming model which is aimed at addressing the challenges often faced by Smallholder Farmers for farming individually at a small scale. SEIFAC Registration is free of charge via online
SEIFAC’s mission is to enable Nigerian Smallholder Farmers to prosper through a timely supply of reliable, high-quality agricultural inputs and services in an environmentally sustainable manner and to undertake other activities to improve their welfare.
Objective of SEIFAC
SEIFAC is a multi-crops producer, processor, and marketing Smallholder Economic Interest Farmers Agricultural Cooperative that connects Smallholder Farmers that cultivates: these nine (9) crops namely Rice, Maize, Sesame, Cassava, Yam, Groundnuts, Bambaranuts, Sorghum and Soybean in the States of the Federation and FCT Abuja, to farm in clusters and to leverage on the collective internal economies of scale of cluster dynamics in order to lift themselves out of avoidable poverty.
SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Scheme Mission
Below is what SEIFAC will be doing for Farmers;
- To provide to farmers high-quality fertilizers at the right time and in adequate quantities to increase crop productivity.
- To make plants energy efficient and continually review various schemes to conserve energy.
Commitment to health, safety, environment, and forestry development to enrich the quality of community life.
- Commitment to social responsibilities for a strong social fabric.
- To institutionalize core values and create a culture of team building, empowerment, and innovation which would help in the incremental growth of employees and enable achievement of strategic objectives.
- Foster a culture of trust, openness, and mutual concern to make working, a stimulating and challenging experience for stakeholders.
- Building a value-driven organization with an improved and responsive customer focus. A true commitment to transparency, accountability, and integrity in principle and practice.
- To acquire, assimilate and adopt reliable, efficient, and cost-effective technologies.
- Sourcing quality planting materials for the production of produce at economical cost by entering into Joint
- Ventures within Nigeria and outside Africa and the wide world.
- To ensure growth in core and non-core sectors.
- A true cooperative society committed to fostering cooperative movement in the country. Emerging as a dynamic organization, focusing on strategic strengths, seizing opportunities for generating and building upon past success, enhancing earnings to maximize the shareholders’ value.
The loan shall be targeted at smallholder farmers engaged in the production of identified commodities across the country. The Farmers should be in groups/cooperative(s) of between 5 and 20 for ease of administration.
Identified Agricultural Commodities:
The targeted commodities of comparative advantage to the states shall include but not limited to:
- Cereals (Rice, Maize, Wheat, etc.
- Roots and Tubers (Cassava, Potatoes, Yam, Ginger, etc.
- Tree crops (Oil palm, Cocoa, Rubber, etc.
- Legumes (Soybean, Sesame seed, Cowpea, etc.
- Livestock (Fish, Poultry, Ruminants, etc.
- And any other commodity that will be introduced by the CBN from time to time.
How To Register For SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Scheme Programme 2021
To register for the Smallholders Economic Interest Farmers Agricultural Cooperative/Central Bank of Nigeria Anchor Borrowers Scheme Programme 2021 is very simple.
The registration steps are as follows;
- Profile Creation; to access the SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrowers Scheme, you will have to create your profile so as to register as a member. Note that the age requirement is 18 years, as a member you are qualified for the SEIFAC/CBN Anchor Borrower Programme and other programmes and services of SEIFAC.
- Registration; to register, you must be at least 18yrs of age and interested in farming one out of our enterprise crops in Agro-PC (Agricultural Production Cluster), our cluster farming model. Register your personal details to start the SEIFAC Smallholder Farms Membership Registration.
- Application; log in to your SEIFAC Profile and apply for the SEIFAC/CBN ABP for 2021/2022 Wet Cropping Season. Select your preferred crop production enterprise considering your geographical region soil suitability and comparative advantage
- Project Account; You are required to open your SEIFAC Project Account with our Official Bankers which will be made known to you through your provided email address and on our website on the news menu
Visit the Official Website For More Information