Simple Steps On How To Recharge Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Online. Prepaid meter online recharge or electricity prepaid meter recharge simply refers to a process! by which you can recharge your prepaid meter online with your smartphone or personal computer.
If you are still going to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) office in your locality just to pay for your Prepaid electricity meter! then you actually don’t the happenings in the world of technology.
You are also wasting your precious time if you still pay or buy your prepaid meter token! from the commercial bank, as you will be in the queue waiting for your turn before you can make payment.
In this era of online digital payment, where one can stay in the comfort of his/her home, anytime and anywhere! and recharge his/her prepaid meter without any stress is commendable and worth adopting.
And so this post is to guide you on how to start recharging your prepaid meter online! This will stop you from going to PHCN offices or banks to make an electricity bill payment or purchase a prepaid meter token.
Like we said earlier, the essence of this article is to save your time, energy, and resources. This you can achieve by following the steps by steps below on how to recharge your prepaid meter online. You may go to the PHCN office if need be to discuss with the customer care service or the manager.
Requirements for Recharging Prepaid Meter Online
There are some requirements that you must have before your can recharge your prepaid meter online. They are as follows;
- You need a smartphone or a personal computer (Laptop)
- A phone number where you will receive the toke as text.
- An active email address
- The prepaid meter number
How To Recharge Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Online
To recharge your prepaid electricity meter online, kindly
- Open the official website of your region’s electricity distribution company (EEDC, IBEDC, BEDC, etc) or any payment app such as Quickteller, Paga, OPay, or your bank online payment apps.
- Next is to click on Pay electricity bill and then select the electricity distribution company you are using.
- Enter your prepaid meter number and the number of token or units that you want to buy
- Enter your phone number and your email address and click next
- Next is to enter your credit card details and confirm that the summary is correct
- In a few seconds, your token will be generated and send as an SMS to your phone number
- Kindly enter the token into your prepaid electricity meter
You have successfully recharge your prepaid electricity meter online.