We have received so many emails, about how one can register his or her business name in Nigeria. So we have decided to teach you how you can personally register your business name from the comfort of your home. That is you can now conveniently register your Business Name With CAC from anywhere anytime.
Brief History of CAC
CAC means the Corporate Affairs Commission, it was established by the companies and Allied Matters Act. The Corporate Affairs Commission upon creation was mandated in the year 1990! to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria.
The vision of the Corporate Affairs Commission to be a world-class company’s registry providing excellent registration and regulatory services. Also, the mission is to provide registration and regulatory services that meet the expectations of stakeholders for the benefit of the economy.
The Corporate Affairs Commission’s core values are as follows: Efficiency, Integrity, Courtesy, and Dedication.
Functions Of Corporate Affairs Commission
The functions of CAC include the following as established in section 7 of the Companies Allied Matters Act.
- To establish and maintain company registry and offices in all the states of the Federation! suitably and adequately equipped to discharge its functions under the Act or any law in respect of which it is charged with responsibility.
- To undertake such other activities as are necessary or expedient for giving full effect to the provisions of the Act.
- Another function is to administer the Act, including the regulation and supervision of the formation, incorporation, management, and winding up of companies.
- The Commission also registers Business Names, and Incorporated Trustees as well as provides a wide range of ancillary services.
- Arrange and conduct an investigation into the affairs of any company where the interests of the shareholders and the public so demand.
How To Register A Business Name with CAC in Nigeria
To register your business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission online, follow the below steps by steps.
- The first thing to do is to check the availability of the business name. CLICK HERE check if the business name has not been taken.
- Click here to Signup or Login and then complete the pre-registration online form.
- Next is to pay the filing fee.
- Prepare and signed scan your copy of your pre-registration documents for uploads. Such documents are as follows; Application form, Filing fee receipt, and Means of identification for the proprietor (s).
- To upload the scanned documents for processing, click http://docupload.cac.gov.ng/docUpload/
Importance Notice; Kindly note that Individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, Chartered Accountant, or Chartered Secretary.